Thank you for visiting the bizlocket.com website, a service provided by BizLocket. These terms apply to BizLocket websites and other digital and interactive services that link to these Terms (together, the “Services”).
By accessing or using the services you agree to be bound by the terms of this TOU. If you disagree with any part of this TOU, then you may not use the services.
Eligibility. To use the services you must be, and represent and warrant that you are, of legal age (in your jurisdiction of residence) and of competence. By using the services on behalf of any third party, you are representing to us that you are an authorized representative of that third party and that your use of the Services constitutes that third party’s acceptance of these Terms. If you have been previously prohibited from accessing or using the services by biz BizLocket, you are not permitted to access or use the services. BizLocket reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
The Services are controlled and offered by BizLocket from the United States of America. BizLocket makes no representations that the Services are appropriate for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Services from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local law.
Termination and Refunds. These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by you or by us. BizLocket may terminate or suspend access to or use of the services or to any features or portions of the services and to remove and discard any content or materials you have submitted at any time, with or without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the terms of this TOU. All provisions of the TOU which by their nature should survive service termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability. You may terminate your account at any time. This is your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any dissatisfaction with the service. You may terminate your account by sending an email to: email@example.com. Your account termination will take effect within 7 business days after receipt of your termination notice. Any monthly, annual and/or one-time subscription payments for the services may be non-refundable and will not be prorated regardless of usage. You may cancel your directory listing on bizlocket.com within 7 days of payment for a full refund. Request for refunds should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The fees for the “Featured Biz Of The Week” and the “Featured Biz Book Of The Week” are non-refundable once payment has been received.
Payment of Dues. All payments are to be made through the use of a credit card. All payments are carried out by a third-party partner of BizLocket. All payments are carried out on the web site of this third party (after redirection from BizLocket web site). You agree that if payments are not accepted or if technical problems arise on the web site of the credit card processing company, you cannot hold BizLocket responsible for this. In case of problems with credit card payments, you can always contact BizLocket for help via the contact page provided you give a clear description of the problem. Messages just stating that the payment does not work will not be answered. In case nothing works to pay your dues via the credit card payment system, you can contact BizLocket at email@example.com or via the contact page. You agree that all security risks involved are completely your own responsibility.
Changes. BizLocket reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change or cancel the Services, pricing, and/or this TOU at anytime without prior notice. Changes will be effective immediately when posted to the website. BizLocket does not specifically notify you of any proposed changes and it is recommended that you periodically review the website and this TOU. Your use of the services after such changes have been posted constitutes your acceptance of all changes. BizLocket shall not be liable for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of its services.
Account Registration/Account Use. If you create an account to use any of the services, during the registration process, you must create/select a username and password. In order to use the service, you agree to provide BizLocket with legal, accurate and complete registration information and agree to keep that information updated at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of this TOU. In addition, certain features of the service are only available to our registered users, and to access those areas of the website you will be required to log in using your username and password. By registering for the service, you will set your own username and password. It is solely your responsibility to keep your account information and password secure. You may not disclose your password to anyone except persons that you have authorized to use your account. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username/account. We may assume that any communications we receive under your account have been made by you. You hereby assume all liability of any kind of arising out of or related to the use of the service by such authorized person(s). You hereby expressly release and indemnify BizLocket from, and you hereby assume all liability and damages of any kind arising out of or related to, all activities conducted through your account on the Service by any persons, whether or not such persons are authorized by you to use the service. You agree to notify BizLocket immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security you know of or suspect. You are responsible for all activity occurring when the website is accessed through your account, whether authorized by you or not. We are not and will not be liable for any loss, damages, liability, expenses, attorneys’ fees that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge, and regardless of whether you have or have not advised/notified us of such unauthorized use. You will be liable for losses, damages, liability, expenses, attorney’s fees incurred by BizLocket or a third party due to someone else using your account. BizLocket has no obligation to retain a record of your account for any data or information that you may have stored for your convenience by means of your account or that service. Your use of BizLocket services is at your sole risk. Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. BizLocket does not warrant that services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. BizLocket does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
Intellectual Property Rights. The content provided by BizLocket (that is, Content other than as submitted by site users) on the website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of BizLocket or its content suppliers, partners, or affiliates, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on the website is the exclusive property of BizLocket and is protected by U.S. and international copy right laws. All software used on this site is the property of BizLocket or its software suppliers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You acknowledge and agree that BizLocket contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable U.S. and international property and other laws. Except as expressly authorized by BizLocket, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the website, including its interface, in whole or in part, and other logos and product and service names that are trademarks of BizLocket. Unless you have written permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the intellectual property of BizLocket.
Copyright Infringement Notice. If you own the copyright on material displayed on this Website that you feel has been reproduced, posted or distributed in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement please promptly notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Postings and Content. The responsibility for what is posted in public areas of any of the BizLocket websites lies with the author of the posting, whether on the websites or on any of the Social Media platforms. We do not control the material that others may post or make available in such areas, and you agree we have no obligation to monitor any such material or to edit it or delete it. We do however, reserve the right to edit, delete or remove any such comments from the Website. Although we may moderate content for TOU compliance at our discretion, we have no authority to make binding commitments, representations or promises of any recourse or action to resolve any alleged problems, content, complaint, or TOU violation from occurring or re-occurring.
As a user of the Service, you agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes. Use of the Service for transmission, distribution, retrieval, or storage of any information, data, or other material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. You also agree not to use the Service to:
- Post or otherwise provide User Content that harasses, abuses, or threatens any other person, or that contains obscene content;
- Post User Content that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification;
- Post User Content that is unlawful, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- Post material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them (in either case as determined by BizLocket in its sole discretion);
- Post or otherwise make available any material that contains any software, device, instructions, computer code, files, programs and/or other content or feature that is designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment (including without limitation any time bomb, virus, software lock, worm, self-destruction, drop-device, malicious logic, Trojan horse, trap door, “disabling,” “lock out,” “metering” device or any malicious code);
- Falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or impersonate any person or entity in a manner that does not constitute parody;
- Through misrepresentation or otherwise, solicit personal or sensitive information from other users including without limitation address, credit card or financial account information, or passwords;
- Post spam or other advertisements or solicitations, promote commercial entities, or otherwise engage in commercial activity on or through the Services;
- Use or transmit any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or other intellectual property right without proper authorization;
- Harvest through an automated software tool on a mass basis the information on this site;
- Use automated means to access the Website or gain unauthorized access to the Website or any account or computer system connected to the Website;
- ‘Flood’ the website with server requests or otherwise attempt to overburden, disrupt or harm the Website or its systems;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain, access to areas of the Website or our systems that are not intended for access by you;
- Impersonate any person, including, but not limited to, other website members or our employees or suppliers;
- Threaten, harass, defame, embarrass, or distress any other person or group;
- Transmit any unlawful, harmful, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, vulgar or otherwise objectionable messages or material;
- Transmit unsolicited advertisements or solicitations (“spam”) in violation of federal or state laws, including but not limited to any “do not call” list restrictions;
- Transmit any information in violation of the Patriot Act or which otherwise may be deemed in furtherance of terrorist activity or in breach of the national security of the United States or any other state or nation; or
- Transmit any materials or information in any manner that violates applicable law;
- Advertise or solicit business for products or services other than those that are offered and promoted on the Service.
- Transmit any virus, malware, spyware or other harmful content or code.
- Copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content (except for content you provide to us) from the website without the prior expressed written permission of BizLocket or the appropriate third party.
If BizLocket, in its sole discretion, believes that you have violated any of the above restrictions or that you have otherwise violated any applicable law, BizLocket may forward the objectionable material, as well as your communications with BizLocket and your personally identifiable information, to the appropriate authorities for investigation and prosecution, and may immediately terminate your service without penalty or liability of any kind to BizLocket. BizLocket reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to remove any User Content, block access to the Services, and/or cancel the account of any user.
BizLocket is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for (i) any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, (ii) any errors or omissions in these websites or resources, or (iii) any information handling practices or other business practices of the operators of such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that BizLocket shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any linked sites or resources. Your interactions with such third parties will be governed by the third parties’ own terms of service and privacy policies, and any other similar terms.
Electronic Communications. We use electronic means of communication; whether you visit the site and fill in a form or send us an email. You agree to receive communications from us in an electronic format, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures and other communication that we provide you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication would satisfy if it were in writing and sent through the US Mail.
Product Submissions. BizLocket receives inquiries and suggestions regarding new ideas but is not accepting any unsolicited submissions of new products, creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts or other information (each, “Information”). Although we are honored you would think of us, BizLocket relies on its employees to supply its new product and other creative ideas. If you send BizLocket any information despite our request that you do not do so, you agree that any and all Information you send BizLocket is in the public domain, is not confidential and is sent by you for use by BizLocket without payment or compensation to you or acknowledgement of the source. For any Information you submit to BizLocket, you grant BizLocket a world-wide, royalty free, fully paid-up and non-exclusive license(s) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify and adapt such Information for the sole benefit of BizLocket. BizLocket makes no warranty to you, whether express or implied, regarding its use of any Information you may submit to BizLocket.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL BIZLOCKET, ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OR REPRESENTATIVES (AND ALL SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING) (COLLECTIVELY “BizLocket” FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE PERFORMANCE, USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS, EVEN IF BIZLOCKET HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, VIOLATION OF STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. BIZLOCKET WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR LOSS OF GOOD WILL. IN ANY EVENT, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE TO WHICH THE CLAIM RELATES OR, IF THE CLAIM DOES NOT RELATE TO A PRODUCT OR SERVICE, $100.
BIZLOCKET DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY WEBSITE FEATURED OR LINKED TO THROUGH THE SERVICE, AND BIZLOCKET WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. BIZLOCKET WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Indemnification. You agree, at your own expense, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless BizLocket and its employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, suppliers and agents (collectively, the “Company Indemnified Parties”), against any claim, suit, action or other proceeding against BizLocket or Indemnified Parties, by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding is based on or arises in connection with your use of the website (or the use of any of your sub-accounts) specifically including
- (i) a violation of the terms set forth in the TOU.
- (ii) a claim that any use of the website by you infringes any third party intellectual property right, is libelous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to anyone. You agree to pay any and all costs, damages and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs awarded against or otherwise incurred by or in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such claim.
Advertisers. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that BizLocket shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on or through the Services.
Warranties and Disclaimers. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- THE WARRANTIES, IF ANY, APPLICABLE TO EACH PRODUCT/SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER/BUSINESS OF SUCH PRODUCT. PRODUCTS/SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES.
- YOUR USE OF BIZLOCKET SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. BIZLOCKET EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. BIZLOCKET ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE ANY CONTENT OR TO STORE ANY PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS OR USER MATERIALS.
- ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS DOWNLOADED AND USED AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE DEVICE, SOFTWARE, TECHNOLOGY OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH CONTENT.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM BIZLOCKET OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
- THE SERVICES DO NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE. CONSULT WITH YOUR LEGAL COUNSEL REGARDING ANY LEGAL CONCERNS.
- BIZLOCKET DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
- BIZLOCKET DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE QUALITY OF ITS SERVICES, OR MATERIAL PURCHASED THROUGH BIZLOCKET WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, PROVIDE RESULTS, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
- BIZLOCKET MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR PROMISE THAT THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR ACHIEVE ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS.
- BIZLOCKET WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT ON SERVICES, ANY LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. BIZLOCKET DOES NOT VET OR VERIFY USERS THAT IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AS EXPERTS ON PARTICULAR TOPICS THROUGH THE SERVICES, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD BIZLOCKET RESPONSIBLE FOR RELIANCE ON SUCH EXPERTS IF YOU DO NOT ACHIEVE THE RESULT S YOU EXPECT IN RELYING ON SUCH EXPERTS.
No Agency. You and BizLocket are independent contractors. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this TOU and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind BizLocket in any respect whatsoever. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
Violation of TOU. In the event of any actual, threatened, or potential violation of the letter, spirit, or intent of any of the terms or conditions of this TOU as determined by BizLocket at its sole discretion, BizLocket reserves the right to suspend or terminate, either temporarily or permanently, any or all services provided to you by BizLocket, to block any prohibited activity, or to take any other actions deemed appropriate by BizLocket in its sole discretion and without prior notice. BizLocket may refer violators to civil or criminal authorities for prosecution and will cooperate fully with applicable government authorities in connection its investigations of any suspected civil or criminal violations.
Arbitration. Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to this TOU or the websites, excluding legal action taken by BizLocket to collect our fees and/or recover damages for, or obtain an injunction relating to, BizLocket or the website operations, intellectual property, and our services, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party, unless in our sole judgment, BizLocket wishes to the legal controversy of two or more parties in any legal action. The arbitration shall be conducted in the state of Connecticut, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. BizLocket may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Connecticut, necessary to protect our rights pending the completion of arbitration. Should you file an action contrary to this provision, BizLocket may recover from you our reasonable attorney fees and costs. You agree that regardless of any consolidate statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of related to use of this site or services or the TOU must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. Notwithstanding anything else to the contrary in this TOU, BizLocket shall always have and retains the right to pursue legal action of any kind or nature whatsoever in any appropriate jurisdiction in order to protect our interests.
Governing Law. The TOU shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Connecticut, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. If any provision(s) of the TOU is found to be invalid or contrary to law, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect. Our failure in any instance to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and BizLocket regarding our Service and supersede and replace any prior or contemporaneous agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
Contact Us. If you have any questions about this TOU, please contact us at: email@example.com.